Happy Wednesday, people of Huntington! Here’s everything worth knowing today in Huntington.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly cloudy. High: 72, low: 62.
Here are the top stories today in Huntington:
- Northport trustees condemn recent ‘despicable’ bias incidents. There have been numerous incidents in Northport of bias and hate, and the town has responded. “We as the Northport Village Board both individually and collectively express our strongest condemnation of these hatred and disgusting acts,” a letter from Mayor Damon McMullen said.(Huntington Now)
- Huntington Police Blotter: Serial spray-painter arrested. Thomas Rivas, 26, of Huntington, spray-painted on at least 10 buildings in Huntington Station and Elwood between March 20 and April 23, police said. He was arrested and charged with 10 counts of making graffiti on Oct. 6.(Huntington Patch)
- Huntington’s Cinema Arts Centre reopening Feb. 4. After nearly two years of no showings, the Cinema Arts Centre is reopening on Feb. 4. One of the last establishments to reopen, this brings one more sense of normalcy to the area. The cinema underwent renovations, and will boast a new look for patrons. (Newsday)
- Long Island Eatery is destination spot for wide variety of homemade breakfast, lunch dishes. Kerber’s Farm, lo
cated at 309 West Pulaski Rd. in Huntington has been a hit this fall. The farm always has a line out the door, with cars parked far along the street. Some baked goods offered by the eatery include apple cider donuts, brownies, cookies and salted caramel blondies. Patrons can also choose from a variety of pies, including S’mores, cherry crumb, apple crumb and “Kerberry crumb,” which is made with strawberry, raspberry and blueberry. Make sure you head on over to try it yourself!(Daily Voice)
Today’s Huntington Daily is brought to you by our friends at GoodRx — the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you locate the lowest prices for medications at local pharmacies, so you’re not overpaying. Works for pet medications too! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
Today in Huntington:
- PSAT Administration Grades 10 & 11 @ JGHS (All Day)
- LH Photo Day – Cold Spring Harbor Central School District (All Day)
- GHPTG Meeting – Cold Spring Harbor Central School District (9:30 a.m.)
- TRI-M Music Honor Society Induction – Cold Spring Harbor Central School District (7 p.m.)
Huntington Patch Notebook
- Helping Hand Rescue Mission: “100 bags of non-perishables are packed for tomorrow’s distribution. We are so grateful to everyone who has given so that we can pack these bags.” (Facebook)
- Spirit of Huntington Art Center: “Thank you to Family Residences and Essential Enterprises, Inc. [FREE] for your participation in our ArtAbility 2021 Art Show. FREE’s mission is to support people of all abilities reach their full potential and thrive in their communities.” (Facebook)
- Huntington Union Free School District: “Blue Devils top Long Beach in Friendship Bowl” (Facebook)
- Huntington Union Free School District: “Huntington High School’s annual Homecoming Day festivities returned last Saturday after a one year hiatus brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic. ” (Facebook)
- South Huntington Public Library: “Looking for an easy one-pan meal your family will love? Chef Rob shows us how to make an Autumn Sheet Pan Dinner with Chicken, Sausage and Apple. The recipe is on our website!” (Facebook)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- LittleDogsLife™ — Join the LittleDogsLife™ exclusive community for FREE (Visit website)
- Get in Shape Long Island Ltd — SUNDAY MORNING YOUTH FLAG FOOTBALL LEAGUE – STARTS SEPT. 19 (Visit Website)
- Huntington Center for Performing Arts — Training for life! Ballet, Music & Theater (Visit website)
- Add your business here
- “The Play That Goes Wrong” — Broadway’s Funniest Smash Hit Is Back! (October 15)
- Long Island Youth Flag Football Kick Off – October 16 (October 16)
- Guest Speaker – “Anxious to Talk About it” (October 17)
- Spanish Course for Beginner Adults on ZOOM (October 19)
- Mercy Haven’s 36th Anniversary Gala (October 29)
- Add your event
Thanks for following along and staying informed! I’ll see you soon. If you’re liking these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read along. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Andrew Tessler
About me: Hi! I’m Andrew and I have been a Huntington resident for 7 years. I have lived in other countries and states, and my number one love is Huntington. I love health and wellness, traveling, stand-up paddle boarding, and of course going to restaurants and events throughout Huntington!
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Huntington Daily? You can contact me at Huntington@Patch.com.