Happy Sunday, people of Huntington! Let’s get you all caught up to start today off on an informed note.
First, today’s weather:
Windy with a shower. High: 67 Low: 61.
Here are the top stories in Huntington today:
- Huntington town officials mark Hindu Heritage Month. On Friday, Huntington Town officials recognized October as Hindu Heritage Month and the contributions of the Hindu community in Huntington and on Long Island. Town supervisor Chad Lupinacci and town officials presented a proclamation to Hindu leaders including Prafulba “Pinky” Vaghela, the founder and director of Young Adults for Community Services and a leader at the Huntington Youth Bureau. (Newsday)
- Coindre Hall board meeting cancelled. The Coindre Hall Advisory Board meeting that was scheduled for Tuesday has been canceled and will be rescheduled at a future date, with many residents following the progress of the land upgrade. Be sure to check back to Patch for updates on the future meeting date.(Huntington Now)
- West Hills Woman Found Unharmed: Police. Evelyn Fiscina, 83, of West Hills, was found unharmed, Suffolk police said. She was found Friday night, and details are still pending. (Huntington Patch)
Today in Huntington:
- Imagining Whitman in Stony Brook Village. (1:00 p.m.)
- Huntington Fall Festival. (11:00 a.m.)
- Indoor craft fair – Walt Whitman Mall. (11:00 a.m.)
- Huntington Columbus Day Weekend Parade. (Noon)
Huntington Patch Notebook
South Huntington Public Library. “Here are some of October’s new releases that you might want to try.”(Facebook)
Huntington Union Free School District. “Thank you to the Facebook)varsity football squad for traveling up to Huntington on our Homecoming Day to replace a scheduled opponent on short notice.” (
Huntington Public Library. “If you have electronics that need to be destroyed but you are unsure of where to take them, we are here to help!” (Facebook)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- LittleDogsLife™ — Join the LittleDogsLife™ exclusive community for FREE (Visit website)
- Get in Shape Long Island Ltd — SUNDAY MORNING YOUTH FLAG FOOTBALL LEAGUE – STARTS SEPT. 19 (Visit Website)
- Huntington Center for Performing Arts — Training for life! Ballet, Music & Theater (Visit website)
- Add your business here
- Fill-A-Box Feed-A-Family Thanksgiving Food Drive 2021 (October 11)
- Get 10% Off Your L.L.Bean Purchase Online And In Stores (October 11)
- FREE WEBINAR | “Italy’s Great Artists: Nicola Pisano” (October 12)
- “The Play That Goes Wrong” — Broadway’s Funniest Smash Hit Is Back! (October 15)
- Mercy Haven’s 36th Anniversary Gala (October 29)
- Add your event
Gigs & services:
Alrighty, you’re all caught up for today! I’ll see you back in your inbox tomorrow morning with a new update. If you’re liking these newsletters, consider bringing some of your friends and neighbors along for the ride. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Andrew Tessler
About me: Hi! I’m Andrew and I have been a Huntington resident for 7 years. I have lived in other countries and states, and my number one love is Huntington. I love health and wellness, traveling, stand-up paddle boarding, and of course going to restaurants and events throughout Huntington!
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Huntington Daily? Email me at Huntington@Patch.com.