ORANGE COUNTY, CA —It’s Thursday in Orange County. Today we follow the increased reopenings of area museums, restaurants, bars and concerts. We also take a closer look at the arrest at a local youth sporting event and some strange shootings on area freeways.
First, a look at Thursday’s weather:
Orange County can expect a sunny day with a high near 72° and a low of 57°.
High tide Thursday will be at 4:08 a.m. at a height of 4 feet. Low tide will be at 11:18 a.m., at a height of .26 feet. Sunrise is at 5:47 a.m. and sunset at 7:50 p.m.
Here are five news stories to get your day started in Orange County:
- A Garden Grove youth flag-football game turned terrifying for a mother watching her son warm-up, as her estranged husband chased her onto the field wielding butcher knives (More on Patch).
- CIF Diving Championships will take place over the weekend at the Mission Viejo aquatics center. Learn more about four San Juan Capistrano divers to watch are three freshmen and a sophomore, Dan Albano explains. (OC Register).
- Planning on heading back to dining in Orange County restaurants? Here’s a look at how local eateries are readying, Farley Elliott writes (Eater Los Angeles).
- Pulling for political correctness, Saddleback College has dropped the Gaucho and officially named their new mascot. Here’s what they chose. (More on Patch).
- CHP is narrowing in on the person who has shot out windows and damaged cars on the 91 freeway, including the Seal Beach and Los Alamitos area. Here’s what they know so far. (More on Patch).
Our favorite real estate listings of the week showed which homes in Orange County made the biggest price drops:
This Corona Del Mar home last sold for $40,000. Today, the price falls to just under $3 million. (More on Patch).
San Juan Capistrano never looked so good. Let’s just sit around that firepit and drink in the $65K savings on this 1970s era dream home. (More on Patch).
Yes! you can buy a Baker Ranch home in Lake Forest with every luxury for under $1 million, now that the price fell by $30K. (More on Patch).
Looking to live in convenient Rancho Santa Margarita? Check out this under $1 million home just recently listed, priced to sell. (More on Patch).
Here are 4 events going on in your neck of the woods:
- BOOK CARNIVAL presents British Author PETER JAMES—LEFT YOU DEAD Thursday, May 20 at 11:00 am: Join us on Thursday, May 20, at 11:00 am for a Virtual Event with British author PeterJames as he discusses his latest book, Left You Dead. Copy and paste this link into your browser for to join Zoom: http://www.annesbookcarnival.com/events/#may20
- RE-OPENING: Knott’s Berry Farm 2021: Buena Park Saturday, May 22 at 10:30 am. Opening To General Public For Summer Hours: Friday, May 21, 2021. Re-opening to season pass holders: May 6, 2021 Knotts Berry Farm,8039 Beach Blvd, Buena Park CA Click here for more.
- Livestream Telethon to help nonprofit theatre survive pandemic Saturday, May 22 at 5:30 pm. Creative Kids Playhouse Children’s Theatre of Orange County (CKP), a nonprofit organization impacted by the pandemic, will live-stream a Telethon on May 22 at 5:30 pm to help their theater raise funds needed to survive the pandemic and continue providing quality arts education. Click here for more.
- ‘Art of Flamenco’ Dinner Show 2021: Cafe Sevilla, Costa Mesa Saturday, May 22 at 6:30 pm: Cafe Sevilla, 1870 Harbor Blvd., Costa Mesa, CA Click here for more.
Now you’re in the loop and ready for this week. But don’t miss out on stories posting throughout the day! Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for exclusive content every day of the week.
Have a news tip or suggestion on how I can improve Orange County Patch? Maybe you’re interested in having your business become one of the latest sponsors for Orange County Patch?
Email all inquiries to me at email@example.com.