Happy Friday, people of Huntington! Here’s everything you need to know going on in town today.
First, today’s weather:
A.M. rain; clearing, breezy. High: 47 Low: 34.
Here are the top stories today in Huntington:
- LI vintage store full of Christmas décor from the ’40s and beyond. Just like that , Thanksgiving has come and gone and we are now on to the holidays. If you’re looking for a truly unique vintage store, check out Rosie’s Vintage holiday pop-up at 101 Woodbury Rd. in Huntington. The store has everything from Sintara to chipmunks and is perfect for all of your holiday gifts! (Newsday)
- Football championship, holiday celebrations get underway. The holiday weekend continues Friday when Walt Whitman plays Massapequa for the Long Island Class I title at noon at Hofstra University. There are also holiday events happening in Huntington Village and Northport to keep the family entertained. Northport will hold a tree lighting ceremony, and Huntington has a holiday parade, menorah lighting, and boat parade this weekend. (http://www.huntingtonNow.com)
- Huntington to hold Big Menorah Lighting for Hanukkah. The Town of Huntington’s Big Menorah Lighting is scheduled for Nov. 29 — the second night of Hanukkah, according to a news release. The lighting starts at 5 p.m. on Wall Street; between Main and Gerard streets. Happy Hanukkah to all who celebrate! (Huntington Patch)
Today’s Huntington Daily is brought to you by our friends at Verizon. They’re building the fastest 5G network in the country. To learn how 5G is going to change life for you and your community — and to get access to this amazing technology — click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Huntington!
Today in Huntington:
- Last Hope Animal Rescue Thrift Shop 1/2 price sale. (10:00 a.m.)
- Give a Besito & Get One Too! (11:30 a.m.)
Huntington Patch Notebook
- Huntington Union Free School District: “Blue Devil seniors Roberto Contreras, Danny Alzate and Julio Martinez played in the Suffolk Senior All-Star Soccer Game and helped lead their team to a 3-2 victory.” (Facebook)
- Helping Hand Rescue Mission: “Our hearts are filled to overflowing! Thank you for helping us to reach our goal of distributing 1200 Fill A Box Feed A Family boxes! In addition approximately 200 generously packed pantry bags each were distributed at our food pantry.” (Facebook)
- The Townwide Fund Of Huntington: “It was THIS kind of morning!!! Happy Thanksgiving to all our runners, sponsors, volunteers, board & friends!” (Facebook)
- Greenlawn Civic Association: “Happy Thanksgiving from the GCA! We look forward to celebrating this holiday season with our community 🦃🧡🍂” (Facebook)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
That’s it for today. See you all tomorrow morning for another update! If you’re feeling these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read along. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Andrew Tessler
About me: Hi! I’m Andrew and I have been a Huntington resident for 7 years. I have lived in other countries and states, and my number one love is Huntington. I love health and wellness, traveling, stand-up paddle boarding, and of course going to restaurants and events throughout Huntington!
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Huntington Daily? I’m all ears. You can contact me at Huntington@Patch.com.