Happy Friday, neighbors! Let’s get you all caught up to start today off on an informed note.
First, today’s weather:
Breezy in the afternoon. High: 49 low: 32.
Here are the top stories in Huntington today:
- Traveling this Thanksgiving? Check gas prices On Long Island. With Thanksgiving less than a week away, plan ahead to save a few bucks on gas this year. Gas prices are at a seven year high, and last year prices were around $2.12 right before turkey day. The average in Suffolk County is $3.55 for a gallon of gas, so if you’re heading down south you might want to fill up down there (around $3 a gallon). (Huntington Patch)
- Huntington’s Blue Line Deli partners with Islanders, Shaq, for UBS Arena Food. After a decades long tenure at Nassau Coliseum , the Islanders are set to play for the first time at the new UBS Arena tomorrow night against the Calgary Flames. Huntington Local Blue Line Deli has partnered with Shaq’s Big Chicken for a special sandwich, the “Big Chicken”. “Getting to be a fan and getting to be involved with the team, getting to hang out with Shaquille O’Neal; that only happened because of the road we’ve been on,” deli owner Donald Rosner told Patch. “This has been absolutely surreal and just amazing.” (Huntington Patch)
- Thankful for Huntington First Aid Squad: 30 Days of gratitude. All month, Patch is asking readers to share who they’re grateful for. M. Greene, of Huntington Station, wanted to thank the volunteers at the Huntington Community First Aid Squad. What are you thankful for this holiday season? Let us know in the comments below! (Huntington Patch)
Today’s Huntington Daily is brought to you by our friends at Verizon. They’re building the fastest 5G network in the country. To learn how 5G is going to change life for you and your community — and to get access to this amazing technology — click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Huntington!
Today in Huntington:
- NYSCAME HS All- County Music Concert @ Hauppauge HS. (7:00 p.m.)
- Soup Shabbat at Kehillath Shalom Synagogue. (6:30 p.m.)
Huntington Patch Notebook
- Huntington Union Free School District: “Shannon Kehoe officially signed an NCAA Division I national letter of intent, committing the Huntington High School senior to play on the women’s volleyball team at Canisius College.” (Facebook)
- Huntington Union Free School District: “It’s a new era for the Huntington High School boys’ basketball program. Tryouts were held this week and varsity and junior varsity teams have been selected. ” (Facebook)
- Helping Hand Rescue Mission: “Thanks to Alexa, Kate, Rose, Haley & Cate for working hard and filling 40 Fill A Boxes for our Thanksgiving drive! These girls did an amazing job collecting food, organizing it, decorating their boxes and delivering them to HHRM. ” (Facebook)
- Rotary Club of Huntington, NY: “The Rotary Club of Huntington is proud to support the Huntington High School Robotics Team 5016! Last evening President Mary Graf and Bill Bohn attended the Robotics Fundraiser and presented their leadership team with a sponsorship check.” (Facebook)
- Huntington Public Library: “HPL’s Friday Night Movie is “12 Mighty Orphans.” • 6:30 pm • Main Auditorium 12.” (Facebook)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the loop and ready to start this Friday. I’ll see you around! If you’re liking these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow along. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Andrew Tessler
About me: Hi! I’m Andrew and I have been a Huntington resident for 7 years. I have lived in other countries and states, and my number one love is Huntington. I love health and wellness, traveling, stand-up paddle boarding, and of course going to restaurants and events throughout Huntington!
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Huntington Daily? You can contact me at Huntington@Patch.com.