The quickest way to get caught up on the most important things happening today in Dunedin.
This post was contributed by a community member.
Good morning, everybody! It’s Kristen, your host of the Dunedin Patch newsletter — here to fill you in on everything you need to know about what’s happening locally. Including updates on…
- Opening Night at TD Ballpark with $1 tickets.
- Scottish American Society of Dunedin’s 40th anniversary celebration.
- The city’s spring fitness programs available for kids and adults.
But first, today’s weather: Partly sunny. High: 85 Low: 72.
Are you a real estate agent in Dunedin struggling to get leads in the current housing market? It’s tough out there, but there is a way to stand out from the crowd and attract new clients. Our exclusive sponsorship in the Dunedin newsletter can help you do just that. Click here to learn more and discover how you can take your business to the next level today.
Here are the top 3 stories in Dunedin today:
- The Dunedin Fine Art Center’s biggest exhibition of the year is opening with a reception on April 14 between 6 and 8 p.m. The #SMF exhibit will feature over 300 works of art and 200 artists, including DFAC students, members, and staff. Mediums featured in the exhibit include painting, pastels, colored pencils, photography, clay, printmaking, and more. Stop by to check out this free art exhibit through May 28. (Tampa Bay Newspapers)
- Celebrate the Scottish American Society of Dunedin’s 40th anniversary on April 8 at 2 p.m. in Weaver Park. This exciting event will include live music by Skerryvore and The Byrne Brothers. Attendees will also get to enjoy a performance by The Isle of Skye Highland Dancers. Bring your lawn chair or a blanket! Food and drink vendors will be available on-site. Learn more about the event and get your tickets now for $15 here. (Creative Loafing Tampa)
- Now that the weather is warming up, you may be feeling inspired to get off the couch and do something active. If this sounds like you, check out Dunedin Parks & Recreation’s spring fitness programs! The city offers a ton of options for kids and adults to get outdoors and stay fit. Some activities include pickleball, tennis, yoga, Zumba, golf, and many more. Kids can enjoy the city’s Stirling Skate Park and participate in sports programs like youth flag football and track. Learn more about Dunedin’s fitness programs at the link. (Tampa Bay Newspapers)
Dunedin Patch Pic of the Day:
Thank you, Brenda D. Gelber, for sharing this beautiful sunset photo taken at the Dunedin Causeway.
Want your photo to be included in the Dunedin Pic of the Day or Inspired by Dunedin section? Submit it to Dunedin@Patch.com for consideration! Please confirm in the email that you own the rights to the photo and that Patch has permission to republish it.
Today in Dunedin:
- Dunedin Downtown Market in Pioneer Park (9 a.m.)
- Dunedin Piper On The Pier at the downtown marina (7:50 p.m.)
- “The Office” Trivia Night at Pi Pizza Bar (8 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- The next Water Safety Pop Up event is scheduled for April 8 on the Dunedin Causeway. Bring your kids to learn about water safety and receive a free lifejacket while supplies last. (Dunedin Gov)
- Get $1 tickets for opening night at TD Ballpark on April 11! Watch Dunedin Blue Jays play the Tampa Tarpons while also taking advantage of $1 footlong hot dogs, popcorn, bratwurst, conch fritters, water, and soda. The game starts at 6:30 p.m. (Dunedin Blue Jays via Facebook)
- The Dunedin Public Library is hosting Crafternoon on April 11 at 4 p.m. Bring kids between 5 and 12 years old to the library to enjoy an afternoon of creativity! They will provide all supplies. (Dunedin Gov)
- If you love to dress your dog up for Halloween, sign up for the SPCA Tampa Bay Pet Walk Costume Contest! The contest will take place on April 15 at both of the pet walk locations: Clearwater and St. Pete. Register your pet here for a chance to win! (SPCA Tampa Bay via Facebook)
- The Dunedin Collective is holding a networking and self-care event for small business owners on April 22 between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. at Bloom IV Hydration and Wellness. Stop by to enjoy free vitamin shots, a free infrared sauna, discounted spa services, and more! (The Dunedin Collective)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Largest Hop-on, Hop-off a brew Crawl (April 8)
- Dunedin Community Art Market (April 8)
- Scottish American Society Concert with Byrne Brothers and Skerryvore (April 8)
- Taxes in Retirement Seminar on April 11th and 13th at Largo Public Library (April 11)
- Pinellas Federated Republican Women (April 11)
- Jazz at the Ballroom Presents “Accentuate the Positive” (April 16)
- Add your event
You’re all caught up for today. I’ll catch up with you bright and early tomorrow morning with another update!