Happy Saturday, Huntington! Here’s everything you need to know going on today.
Are you a local business owner or marketer in Huntington? Our premium local sponsorships will keep you at the top of inboxes around town every morning. Contact us here for the lowdown.
First, today’s weather:
Partly cloudy throughout the day. High: 74, low: 60.
Here are the top stories today in Huntington:
- East Second Street in Huntington Station was renamed on Thursday to, “Dolores Dee Thompson Way.” Thompson is a 92-year-old civil rights leader and activist. She has been a staple of the Huntington Station community, she founded the Huntington Station Enrichment Center and also serves as chairperson of the Dolan Family Health Center Advisory Board. (Huntington Now)
- ‘Rapunzel’ opens tonight at the John W. Engeman Theatre in Northport. The show runs from Sept. 25 to Oct. 31. You can check it out Saturdays at 11 a.m. and Sundays at 10:30 a.m. ‘Rapunzel’ is a great show for families, and will bring back many to their childhood! (TBR News Media)
- Memorial set for Gabby Petito tomorrow to be open to the public. The memorial visitation service will be held at Moloney Funeral Homes in Holbrook, from 12 to 5 p.m. In a case that has shaken Long Island and much of the country, you can pay in person respects to Gabby and her family if you wish to do so. (MSN)
Today in Huntington:
- Bald Eagles of Centerport Day! (10 a.m.)
- Huntington Village Farmers Market. (7:30 a.m.)
- Ribbon Cutting- The Bar Method – Huntington Township Chamber of Commerce. (1:30 p.m.)
- Fall Food Festival — Online. (3 p.m.)
- Memphis Crawl – The Paramount. (8 p.m.)
- St. Jude Walk. (9 a.m.)
Huntington Patch Notebook
- Huntington Union Free School District: “Huntington senior Christopher Maichin has committed to play lacrosse at Colby College in Maine.” (Facebook)
- Huntington Historical Society: “So excited to share the wonderful news that our friends at the Coltrane Home received an Andrew W. Mellon Foundation grant! We are so proud to part of their journey!” (Facebook)
- Huntington Animal Shelter: “Jax has been adopted! We’re excited for him and his new dad!” (Facebook)
- Huntington Union Free School District: “The Huntington field hockey team won its third straight game late Wednesday.” (Facebook)
- Rotary Club of Huntington, NY: “The Rotary Club of Huntington is proud to announce the 2021 Patrick Thomas McCourt Scholarship Winner — David Canas Granados.” (Facebook)
- Huntington Public Library: “Friday Night Movies are back at HPL!” (Facebook)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- LittleDogsLife™ — Join the LittleDogsLife™ exclusive community for FREE (Visit website)
- Get in Shape Long Island Ltd — Sunday morning youth flag football league starts Sept. 19. (Visit Website)
- Huntington Center for Performing Arts — Training for life! Ballet, Music & Theater (Visit website)
- Add your business here
That’s it for today! See you tomorrow morning for another update. If you’re enjoying these newsletters, consider bringing some friends and neighbors into the fold. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Andrew Tessler
About me: Hi! I’m Andrew and I have been a Huntington resident for 7 years. I have lived in other countries and states, and my number one love is Huntington. I love health and wellness, traveling, stand-up paddle boarding, and of course going to restaurants and events throughout Huntington!
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Huntington Daily? Reach out anytime to Huntington@Patch.com.