1. The First Academy’s girls tennis team defeated Windermere Prep 4-1 to win the regional championship Thursday, April 22. In the win, the Royals saw victories from Lines 1 through 4: (1) Reagan Parker defeated Christine Wu 6-3, 6-3; (2) Reece Parker defeated Carissa Ruiz 6-1, 6-3; (3) Cameron Koon defeated Genesis Jay 6-4, 6-2; (4) Hope Russo defeated Samira Hamdan 6-1, 6-1.
2. In Foundation Academy baseball’s 18-10 victory over Trinity Christian Thursday, April 22, Lions infielder Braden Holcomb exploded at the plate; he went 5-for-5 with a home run, double, seven RBIs and four runs scored. Freshman Luke Ranaudo added to the offense for the Lions by going 3-for-3 with two RBIs and five runs scored.
3. In Windermere Prep softball’s 1-0 win over Montverde Academy in eight innings Thursday, April 22, Madison Workman was clutch at the plate. She drove in the game-winning run in the bottom of the eighth inning. Workman finished the game going 2-for-3 with that single RBI. Meanwhile, in the circle, Gracie Wallace pitched all eight innings for the complete-game shutout, striking out 17 while giving up only three hits.
4. The Dr. Phillips girls flag football team beat rival Windermere 21-0 to claim the Class 2A, District 5 championship Thursday, April 22. In the win, quarterback Olivia Cadiz threw for three touchdowns and three successful extra-point attempts. Two of her touchdown passes went to Michelle Levitt, while each extra-point attempt was caught by Chloe Matthews-Boultbee.
5. In West Orange softball’s 10-0 win over Harmony Wednesday, April 21, Katie Eversen led the way at the plate for the Warriors. She went 2-for-3 with a two-run homer. Hannah Yetter also had a big afternoon going 2-for-3 with a double, while Jailey Seymour and Lexi Scalzo combined to pitch for a no-hitter in the victory.