Up and at ’em, Huntington! Let’s get you all caught up to start this day off Sbobet88 on an informed note. Here’s what’s happening today in town.
Are you a local business owner or marketer in Huntington? Our premium local sponsorships will keep you at the top of inboxes around town every morning. Contact us here for the lowdown.
First, today’s weather:
Rain in the morning. Cooler fall weather coming. High: 73, low: 59.
Here are the top stories in Huntington today:
- The Paramount celebrates a decade of LI entertainment. The venue has been a staple of Huntington for 10 years now, while making it through the pandemic and bringing live concert fans back into Huntington Village. Rated one of the top venues in the country, The Paramount has a show for everyone well into next year. (Newsday)
- Feds: Ex-Northport VA employee sexually assaulted hospital worker. On Wednesday, Tate Cruse, of Mastic, was arrested by special agents from the FBI and Veterans Affairs. Cruse was indicted of three crimes, including aggravated sexual abuse, sexual abuse and lying to the inspector general. The charges occurred while he was a maintenance worker at the VA, and the story is still developing. (News 12)
- Barney the bull has been caught! After a saga in which emotions were high for everyone on the island, the bull has finally been caught, where he is to be sent to Skylands Animal Sanctuary in New Jersey. Barney escaped from slaughter nearly two months ago, and we are all glad to see a happy ending here! (Huntington Patch)
- Vanderbilt Planetarium welcomes nationally acclaimed psychic Grace Grella. After surviving three near-death experiences at the age of seven, Grace leaped into the spirit world. She has studied metaphysics, psychic and mediumship development, astrology, numerology, and rune stones. She is also a certified Reiki master, and has appeared on national television and news radio. (TBR News Media)
Today’s Huntington Daily is brought to you by our friends at Verizon. They’re building the fastest 5G network in the country. To learn how 5G is going to change life for you and your community — and to get access to this amazing technology — click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Huntington!
Today in Huntington:
- Harley/Boyd Ice Cream Social @ Harley. (5:30 p.m.)
- GH Photo Day – Cold Spring Harbor Central School District. (All Day)
- WSSPTG Class Parent Meeting – Cold Spring Harbor Central School District. (9 a.m.)
- Senior Class Group Photo – Cold Spring Harbor Central School District. (9:15 a.m.)
- GHPTG Welcome Back Picnic (Rain Date). (4:30 p.m.)
- Business After Hours: Picard Chiropractic. (5 p.m.)
Huntington Patch Notebook
- Huntington Manor Fire Department Fan Page: “Car dirty? Come support our Junior Firefighters this Saturday!” (Facebook)
- Huntington Union Free School District: “The Huntington girls’ soccer team shrugged off a pair of close losses to two of Suffolk’s best teams and turned in a great performance at Lindenhurst, shutting out the Bulldogs, 3-0. ” (Facebook)
- Helping Hand Rescue Mission: “Baby Blessings yesterday! We celebrated 5 years of this beautiful initiative that has blessed 1000+ babies with tens of thousands of diapers wipes and formula over the past 5 years. “(Facebook)
- Huntington Union Free School District: “The Huntington girls’ volleyball team won its first match of the season, besting visiting Centereach in Louis D. Giani Gymnasium in three straight games, 26-24, 25-21 and 25-17. ” (Facebook)
- Huntington Union Free School District: “Erin Ye has been named a semifinalist in the National Merit Scholarship’s 2022 awards program. ” (Facebook)
- Tri Community & Youth Agency (Tri CYA): “Thank you to Temple Beth El for their High Holy Days’ Food Drive, that benefitted the TriCYA and other worthy organizations.” (Facebook)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- LittleDogsLife™ — Join the LittleDogsLife™ exclusive community for FREE (Visit website)
- Get in Shape Long Island Ltd — Sunday morning youth flag football league starts Sept. 19 (Visit Website)
- Huntington Center for Performing Arts — Training for life! Ballet, Music & Theater (Visit website)
- Add your business here
That’s it for today. See you all tomorrow morning for another update! If you’re enjoying these newsletters, consider bringing some of your friends and neighbors along for the ride. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Andrew Tessler
About me: Hi! I’m Andrew and I have been a Huntington resident for 7 years. I have lived in other countries and states, and my number one love is Huntington. I love health and wellness, traveling, stand-up paddle boarding, and of course going to restaurants and events throughout Huntington!
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Huntington Daily? Contact me at Huntington@Patch.com.