Welcome back, Huntington! It’s Saturday, so let’s get you started with everything you need to know going on today in Huntington.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny. High: 76 Low: 59.
Here are the top stories in Huntington today:
- Joan Jett And The Blackhearts rock Huntington’s Paramount on its 10th anniversary. What a night it was in Huntington Village, as an electric atmosphere celebrated a decade of success at the Paramount on Tuesday night. Joan Jett, a native of Huntington and arguably the queen of rock & roll, performed a two-hour set in front of a packed house. Great vibes were felt all night long, and we wish The Paramount continued success over the next decade! (GreaterBayShore)
- Huntington to unveil World War II plaques honoring 365 veterans. The event will take place tomorrow on Main Street in front of town hall. With a large crowd expected, Main Street is set to close 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. between Prime and Jackson avenues, according to the town. “The purpose of this ceremony is to remember and honor the brave World War II veterans from the Town of Huntington who will finally have a place of honor on the World War II Memorial of their beloved Town,” the town wrote in a statement. (Huntington Patch)
- Heckscher Museum benefit set for Oct. 23. “For the Museum’s Centennial Year, we are proud to recognize two remarkable women, Nancy Rauch Douzinas and Patricia J. Petersen, whose actions and philanthropy have improved the lives of so many people on Long Island and throughout the region,” a spokesperson said. The event will take place at The Crest Hollow Country Club, in Woodbury. It will run from 6:30 to 11:30 p.m., with dinner and cocktails served.(Long Island Business News)
Today’s Huntington Daily is brought to you by Ring. Joey was home alone when he collapsed on a hot day. Watch what helped save his life.
Today in Huntington:
- Huntington Village Farmers Market. (7:30 a.m.)
- Scholarship Fundraiser in Memory of Eli Mollineaux. (9:30 a.m.)
- KSS Torah School Workshop: Meet our Shinshinit — Noam Bachar. (10 a.m.)
- Virtual Recovery Support Groups. (6:30 p.m.)
- Saturday Yoga at Heckscher Park. (9 a.m.)
- The Voice of the Moody Blues Justin Hayward at The Paramount. (8 p.m.)
Huntington Patch Notebook
- Huntington Union Free School District: “Senior Teddi Carnesi notched a coveted hat trick to lead the Huntington varsity girls’ soccer team over visiting Bay Shore at Blue Devil Stadium, 5-1. ” (Facebook)
- Huntington Township Chamber of Commerce: “The Long Island Fall Festival is back from Oct. 8 -11!” (Facebook)
- Greenlawn Civic Association: “We’re happy to share more details about this year’s Halloween on Broadway event!” (Facebook)
- Rotary Club of Huntington, NY: “Only eight days left until the Long Island Fall Festival, sponsored by the Huntington Township Chamber of Commerce, kicks off on Oct. 8 in Heckscher Park in Huntington Village.” (Facebook)
- Huntington Public Library: “Our new Mobile App is live !!” (Facebook)
- Town of Huntington: “Supervisor Chad A. Lupinacci and our Hispanic Advisory Task Force Chairperson Manuel Esteban, Sr. invite you to the Town’s 30th Anniversary Hispanic Heritage Celebration on Oct. 15!” (Facebook)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- LittleDogsLife™ — Join the LittleDogsLife™ exclusive community for FREE (Visit website)
- Get in Shape Long Island Ltd — SUNDAY MORNING YOUTH FLAG FOOTBALL LEAGUE – STARTS SEPT. 19 (Visit Website)
- Huntington Center for Performing Arts — Training for life! Ballet, Music & Theater (Visit website)
- Add your business here
- HHH East Thunderbirds Retire James C. Metzger’s #21 Jersey (Details)
- Sign Language Inspired Sock Wins Socks Design Contest (Details)
- Stressed out caring for a loved one with memory issues? (Details)
- Add your announcement
Alrighty, you’re all good for today! I’ll see you around. If you’re enjoying these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read along. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Andrew Tessler
About me: Hi! I’m Andrew and I have been a Huntington resident for 7 years. I have lived in other countries and states, and my number one love is Huntington. I love health and wellness, traveling, stand-up paddle boarding, and of course going to restaurants and events throughout Huntington!
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Huntington Daily? Contact me at Huntington@Patch.com.