Morning, people of Huntington! It’s me again, Andrew Tessler, your host of the Huntington Daily.
First, today’s weather:
Warm with clouds and sun. High: 71 Low: 51.
Here are the top stories in Huntington today:
- Huntington Arts Council’s ‘Nightmare on Main Street’ exhibit returns. Celebrating its 10th year, the talent filled student exhibit Nightmare on Main Street featuring 55 works of art opens at the Huntington Art Council’s Main Street Gallery today. This year’s juror, Sueey Gutierrez, invited students in grades 6 to 12 to submit work inspired by the theme of Halloween (tbrnewsmedia.com)
- Kevin Orelli’s fight to keep fixing the roads. If you drive in Huntington, you know how poorly the roads have been maintained, and you also see Kevin Orelli’s signs all over for reelection. “We historically, in the town of Huntington have only paved an average of about 25 miles of road a year. We have 800 miles of road. At that rate, it will take 32 years to pave every road in Huntington once.” Orelli plans allocate more for the road repair, but with a steep challenge from Republican Andre Sorrentino. (Huntington Now)
- Huntington Station spray park at Manor Field set to open in 2022. A new spray park at Manor Field Park in Huntington Station is set to open in late spring 2022, Supervisor Chad A. Lupinacci and Deputy Supervisor, Councilman Ed Smyth, announced. “The Manor Field Spray Park along with the new amenities we have coming soon are exciting steps in our plan to revitalize Huntington Station,” Lupinacci stated. This will be the second spray park in Huntington, and with temperatures rising, much needed. (Huntington Patch)
Today’s Huntington Daily is brought to you by our friends at Verizon. They’re building the fastest 5G network in the country. To learn how 5G is going to change life for you and your community — and to get access to this amazing technology — click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Huntington!
Today in Huntington:
- EMS Parents Night Out – Elwood UFSD. (7:00 p.m.)
- Nightmare on Main Street. (11:00 a.m.)
- Cold Spring Harbor Library Presents: Positive Psychology – Finding Your Happiness. (3:30 p.m.)
- WS Fall Festival – Cold Spring Harbor Central School District. (4:00 p.m.)
- Lloyd Harbor Unites Fundraiser (Rescheduled New Location). (7:00 p.m.)
Huntington Patch Notebook
Huntington Union Free School District: “It was all Huntington on Thursday night as the Blue Devils JV football team turned back league foe Copiague, 46-0. It was Huntington’s sixth consecutive victory and improved the Blue Devils’ record to 6-1 this fall.” (Facebook)
Huntington Union Free School District: “The Huntington varsity girls’ soccer team is headed to the Section XI playoffs. The Blue Devils will travel to Commack on Saturday for a 3 p.m. game.” (Facebook)
Huntington Union Free School District: “Huntington junior Grace Agrillo has committed to play for Binghamton University’s NCAA Division I women’s lacrosse team.” (Facebook)
Rotary Club Of Huntington: “An awesome evening at the Rotary Club of Huntington’s OKTOBERFEST at Six Harbor Brewery. Many Thanks to everyone who attended and helped us raise needed funds for community projects and local charities.” (Facebook)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- FREE Bully Defense Clinic with Scorpion from Mortal Kombat! (October 23)
- “Murdered By The Mob” Dinner Theater Show / Party (October 23)
- Navigating Your Second Half (October 27)
- Mercy Haven’s 36th Anniversary Gala (October 29)
- North Shore Ladies Business & Social Networking Group (November 2)
- Mondays at Racine Cancer Care & the Huntington YMCA’s Fall Cancer Wellness Event (November 7)
- Add your event
You’re all caught up for today! I’ll see you around. If you’re feeling these newsletters, consider bringing some of your friends and neighbors along for the ride. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Andrew Tessler
About me: Hi! I’m Andrew and I have been a Huntington resident for 7 years. I have lived in other countries and states, and my number one love is Huntington. I love health and wellness, traveling, stand-up paddle boarding, and of course going to restaurants and events throughout Huntington!
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Huntington Daily? I’m all ears. You can contact me at Huntington@Patch.com.