Morning, people of Huntington! Happy Thanksgiving! Andrew Tessler here with a brand-new issue of the Huntington Daily.
First, today’s weather:
Clouds and breaks of sun. High: 53 low: 42.
Here are the top stories today in Huntington:
- In Huntington, free holiday parking will have a shorter season this year. Parking in Huntington Village has been minimal at best this year, with many restaurants paying the town for outside dining, which takes up street parking. Wall St. is also closed until the new year for the “Huntington Holiday Spectacular“, leaving even less parking for patrons of restaurants and stores. The town has said free holiday parking will only be on Dec. 16 to Dec. 26 this year, compared to Thanksgiving until New Years Day last year.(Newsday)
- Lloyd Harbor home burglarized. A Lloyd Harbor home was broken into early Monday morning, Suffolk police said. A burglar used a rock to break the front window of an East Gate Road home around 12:30 a.m., police said. A wallet was stolen off a table, police said. If you have any information related to the crime, call Suffolk County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.(Huntington Patch)
- New Greenlawn Park playground opens. The new Greenlawn Park playground was celebrated with a ribbon-cutting ceremony on Nov. 16. “We are excited to see these playground improvements realized at Greenlawn Park, one of our most popular regional parks, which will provide a complement to the popular Greenlawn skate park and athletic fields,” Lupinacci stated via news release. “Greenlawn Park Playground is a case study in a community advocating for the improvement of their open space and a local government responding to that community.”(Huntington Patch)
Today’s Huntington Daily is brought to you by Newrez, a leading nationwide mortgage lender. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to connect with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS #3013)
Today in Huntington:
- Vibrant Colors. (9:00 a.m.)
- Free Uber, Lyft, And Cab Rides Provided By The Law Offices Of Theodore Naima. (5:00 p.m.)
Huntington Patch Notebook
- Town of Huntington: “The Huntington Lighthouse Preservation Society’s Huntington Harbor Parade of Lights has been postponed to Sunday, November 28th at 6pm due to Friday’s forecast of high winds in excess of 25 to 30 MPH with possible higher gusts.” (Facebook)
- Helping Hand Rescue Mission: “We would like to thank Andre Sorrentino for his generous donation of 40 turkeys to Helping Hand Rescue Mission this morning. Today is the fourth and final day of our 57th Annual Thanksgiving distribution.” (Facebook)
- Huntington Jewish Center: “Happy Thanksgiving from all of us here at HJC!” (Facebook)
- Rotary Club of Huntington, NY: “The Rotary Club of Huntington wishes everyone a safe, thankful and Happy Thanksgiving! Live your life in gratitude for all of your many blessings and begin each day with a grateful heart.” (Facebook)
- Tri Community & Youth Agency (Tri CYA): “Thank you to our friends at the Rotary Club of Huntington, NY for their donation to our Thanksgiving food drive!” (Facebook)
- Huntington Breast Cancer Action Coalition (HBCAC): “Happy thanksgiving from our family to yours ! 🍁🦃 at HBCAC we believe in prevention, wellness, and a healthy future.” (Facebook)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
That’s it for today. See you all tomorrow morning for another update! If you’re liking these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read along. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Andrew Tessler
About me: Hi! I’m Andrew and I have been a Huntington resident for 7 years. I have lived in other countries and states, and my number one love is Huntington. I love health and wellness, traveling, stand-up paddle boarding, and of course going to restaurants and events throughout Huntington!
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Huntington Daily? Email me at Huntington@Patch.com.