Happy Tuesday, neighbors! Let’s get you all caught up to start today off on an informed note.
First, today’s weather:
Heavy rain; becoming windier. High: 62 low: 53.
Here are the top stories today in Huntington:
- Suffolk County Government: Coronavirus Case Update For Oct. 23. As the weather gets colder and the season changes, make sure to stay updated on all COVID-19 stats. Check out Huntington cases, vaccination rates, and deaths. Vaccines will soon be available for children aged 5-11, so be sure to check Patch for more news when it becomes available. (Press Release Desk)
- John Glenn, Whitman, Huntington win. It was a great weekend for all three local football teams, as they each got the win. Walt Whitman stayed undefeated to move to 7-0 and Huntington moved to 5-2 on the season with their victories. (Huntington Now)
- Huntington Police Blotter: Man Steals SUV, Debit Card. Douglas Davis, 20, of Centerport, stole a 2019 GMC Yukon on Prospect Road in Centerport between 9:30 p.m. Oct. 14 and 8:45 a.m. Oct. 15, police said. Davis tried to use a debit card he found inside the stolen Yukon, police said. He was arrested and charged with third-degree grand larceny on Oct. 15. If you have any information on a crime, call Suffolk County Crime Stoppers. (Huntington Patch)
Today’s Huntington Daily is brought to you by our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring does a lot more than doorbells: check out their full suite of smart home products at Ring.com. And thank you Ring for helping to make local news happen in Huntington!
Today in Huntington:
- EMS PTA FALL BOOK FAIR — Elwood UFSD. (All Day)
- Open Candidates Forum — Huntington Township Chamber of Commerce. (7:30 a.m.)
- Top 10 Probate & Estate Administration Mistakes. (8:30 a.m.)
- Cold Spring Harbor Library Presents: Author Talk — Espionage and Enslavement in the Revolution. (5:00 p.m.)
- Board of Education Work Session PAC. (7:30 p.m.)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Tuesday! I’ll see you around. If you’re liking these newsletters, consider bringing some friends and neighbors into the fold. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Andrew Tessler
About me: Hi! I’m Andrew and I have been a Huntington resident for 7 years. I have lived in other countries and states, and my number one love is Huntington. I love health and wellness, traveling, stand-up paddle boarding, and of course going to restaurants and events throughout Huntington!
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Huntington Daily? Email me at Huntington@Patch.com.